The Hampton Inn and Suites located in Port Arthur, TX is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic General Manager to join our hospitality team! The ideal candidate will work to develop their team in a way that promotes empowerment, leadership, and training. They will also understand that doing so promotes not only the employee’s success but also the overall success of the business. If you are an ambitious person who strives to provide superior customer service and achieve phenomenal results, Pathfinder Development may be the perfect match for you.
Key responsibilities of a General Manager include:
• Functioning as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation
• Analyzing business results and working with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs. Making key decisions and overseeing execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
• Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary
• Driving the sales culture in the hotel through active involvement in the sales process, including encouraging the leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
• Preparing an annual budget and business plan in collaboration with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses
• Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
• Find and develop standout employees and managers. Create an environment in which all associates have the ability to reach their full potential and foster collaboration among the team.
• Ensuring that all associate and business decisions are in line with Pathfinder Development's Core Values
The minimum qualifications for the General Manager position are:
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience as a GM in a premium select service hotel
• Proven track record in delivering financial results
• Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
• Ability to inspire associates and to create a culture of care and accountability
• Proven track record of positive associate satisfaction scores
• Commitment to exceptional guest service
• Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
• Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
• Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style